Well, it really isn't an adoption update, but it is adoption related. I am just happy I pulled out of Peru when I did. Things have been great for me since I don't have to wonder what/if/when things were ever going to start moving. Sadly, I don't think things were so great for E. I think she experienced some profound disappointment. I also think that disappointment manifested itself as bad behaviour.
Since she was 3, we have talked about getting her a sibling. That's all she's ever known. We have put aside Spanish books and toys, some new, some she has outgrown, for a future sibling. It was devastating for me when I first learned of my first agency's bankruptcy and disheartening when my second agency kept letting me down. It was ignorant of me to assume a bribe to Disney was all it was going to take to keep E from feeling let down too.
I am trying to be as sensitive as I can be about this. I remind E daily how lucky I am to have her. I tell her that I want to give her a sibling, but these things take time. I even toyed with the idea of making one for her. I didn't and I won't. In case you haven't figured it out by now, I am not like other people; I'd rather have a pre-made child.
Adoption has never been my second choice. But I don't mean to sound judge-y. I don't care how anyone arrives at adoption as long as they get there with an open heart. I really believe that most children are adopted anyway. Just being born into a family isn't enough. Adoption is a deliberate bond that can only come in families that make a concerted effort to adopt their children whether genetically related and not.
I am tremendously thankful to T for sharing her super glad news of her new daughter. It lifted me up to read her "It's a Girl" email. Love those emails with all my heart! Even better to see her gorgeous 4 year old face with beautiful eyes and the cutest nose. T is so very lucky and I am ecstatic for her and her girls. I can't wait to see those travel photos!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment