Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Karma gods are watching

I hope I don't jinx it, but E has been a sheer delight these last couple of days. Even her teachers have been commenting on E's stellar behaviour. I am so impressed and I told her so. She asked if she is really good between now and her birthday, could she go to Disney. How could I say no?! I love her negotiating skills, she's a-speaking my language. Disney is back on the table. :)

That's a whole lot of good for the coming weeks, but I have faith she can do it. When my E is good, she is really good. Unfortunately, the inverse is true as well. But the house of mouse is an awesome motivator. So, we'll see.

I haven't cancelled any of our reservations. Since I booked everything separate, there is a bit more flexibility in the reservation policy, such as being able to cancel 5 days from the day of arrival without penalty.

I really hope we can go. I already have Disney themed gifts for E. It would be too cruel to give her a Minnie Mouse stuffy, a Minnie Mouse t-shirt, a Mickey Mouse purse, a Disney pin-trading set, etc if we ended up staying home. E knows I have special Disney themed gifts for her. Some were ordered online so when she asked what was in whatever package of the day that arrived in the mail, I told her it was something for Disney and promptly hid it.

When we were in the throes of the Lying Game, and I pulled Disney, I told her I would save all Disney gifts for a birthday trip next year. What E didn't project was that most of these items would be too small or too young for her by then. So, I am actively trying to help her be good. Giving her many opportunities to let her good side shine through. This morning, she put out the garbage. We only ever have one small bag..(big green recycling geeks in our house), so it is easy for her to take to the curb. :) I give her the right words to tell her stories "I think, it might be, I guess" instead of making stories up and stating them as facts. So it is easy for her to be as truthful as possible. I am trying to show her how easy it is to be good.

Slowly, but surely, my E is figuring out how her behaviour can influence me and by extension, her own situation.

No comments: