Friday, December 7, 2012

E's advent calendar

So, I am revisiting the manner in which I stock E's advent calendar.  Early on, I realized I had to put items in one day at a time as E would open all 24 at once.  Now, I am rethinking the placement of items the night before.  This has prompted E to wake before the crack of dawn simply to check her calendar.  I decided not to do the night time replenishment yesterday.  This morning, at 5am, E was asking why I hadn't added anything to her calendar yet.  Ha!

I told her, 'from now on, I am only put your surprise in the calendar something during the actual day, not before'.  This, hopefully, will allow both of us to get some more sleep.  So here is what has gone in her calendar the last few days:

1-diamond like earrings
2-cherry lip glass ring
3-note to let E know where to find her new green Christmas sweater
4-pink earrings
5-disney watercolour paint set in an ornament
6-bubbles
7-black diamond like earrings

Last night, we went to see the Nutcracker.  E loved it.  I loved watching her marvel at the way those dancers could float about the stage.

This has been a pretty good week.  My sister's baby has started sleeping through the night.  Both her and my bil checked to make sure he was still alive and are now enjoying the much needed rest they have been lacking. 

E has been accepted to a very popular bilingual summer camp.  I will miss her those 2 weeks but she is going to love it.  We were on the wait list but found out this week that E is off the list and an actual future camper.  I set up monthly payments as this camp is not cheap but well worth the money.  It will be E's 2nd sleepaway camp without me as her brownie unit will be camping in the coming months too.  So many exciting things coming her way.  I think part of parenthood is vicariously reliving their joy which I do all the time.  :)

No comments: