Today, I had my first taste of stay at home mom stuff. I volunteered at my daughter's school. I worked the Christmas bazaar for the kids with the chair and treasurer of the Parent Council. It turns out that there is a microcosm of political life everywhere! I gotta say, I couldn't care less what the politics are, but I do want to be more involved at my daughter's school. The teachers are great and I am sure the rest of the parent council are pretty awesome too. The two I worked with today were disappointed they didn't have more help but I really think that there would have been more volunteers if the need had been better communicated. As it was, I simply volunteered thinking they might need a hand. It turns out, it was good that I did.
They have my email so I could be doing this a bit more. My hope was to spend some time in E's classroom, but I will be happy just being at the school while she is there.
Advent calendar update: most days, different earrings. Between my mom and myself, we have a good assortment of studs for E. Today's surprise was that I decorated E's room in Christmas lights and put the remote control in the advent calendar. She was so delighted, she put a message on her white board for me. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it until we both got home as I spent the whole day at her school.
Love that I can say that. Love that I can spend time at my daughter's school. When she saw me in the library this morning, she came in and gave me a big hug. LOVED that the most! :)
Yeah, I am pretty sure I am joining the parent council...
No comments:
Post a Comment