February 2008...that was snow.
E and I made short work of clearing the 10cm in our driveway. It was light which made it so much easier. Thank you Gaia. There will probably be another 10cm tomorrow morning, but if it was as easy to clear as this aft, that won't be so bad. It turns out, E likes clearing snow. So its a "together" activity. Yeah, I know, a stretch. But given how increasingly independent she is becoming, I am hyper aware that our togetherness times are numbered.
I am upping my volunteering at her school. I can do it and she wants me to, so its a big win all around.
It could be her upcoming birthday. E is having a magic birthday party. Originally, my sister was slated to perform. T already knows a few clever tricks. As the planning progressed, it became apparent that E wanted to be part of the show. So, to make it run a little more smoothly, my sister, E and I will take turns amazing everyone so that we can stay on track. But that instinct for E to assert her will in this way is new. In the past, I have been the party planner extraordinaire, now E wants a say. It's her right, it's her day, and it means she is becoming a much bigger girl. Am both happy and sad about that. Spending way too much time looking at her younger years photos. Oh and her adoption day is coming up...6 years, can't hardly believe it. seems like yesterday.
Anyhoo, on a birthday party update: last week, the loot bags arrived. They are not exactly like the picture, but they are pretty close. Instead of the ball and vase trick, there is a 3-D puzzle. Seems like a good enough substitute. I picked up a bunch of twisty worms at the Dolllar Store so each loot bag will get one of those as well. We saw them at the Rainforest Cafe and thought they were pretty cool. I seem to recall they were around when I was a kid. And there they were at the Dollar Store. I grabbed the lot and they are all destined to find their way into a very amazing looking loot bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment